Miso Tofu Noodle Bowls
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 225 g smoked tofu patted dry and diced
- 2 low salt vegetable stock cubes
- 15 g red miso paste
- 250 g wholewheat noodles
- 250 g frozen edamame beans
- 100 g spinach
- 50 g California Walnuts chopped
- 3 tsp low salt light soy sauce optional
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 6 minutes, remove and run under cold water to cool, peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu for 3-4 minutes until golden and set aside on a plate.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in 1.5 litres boiling water and place in a large saucepan with the miso paste and bring back to the boil, add the noodles and cook for 4 minutes, then add the beans and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Transfer to bowls and top with the tofu, Walnuts and halved eggs. Drizzle over the soy, if using, to serve.
- Try udon or thick rice noodles as an option.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 614kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 78g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4.9g | Fibre: 9.9gBack to Recipe Search