Chilli California Walnut Jackets
Servings 4 people
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 100 g California Walnuts
- 300 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400 g can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 400 g can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Prick the baking potatoes with a fork several times and bake for 1-1½ hours until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the walnuts in a food processor and mix to give a coarse crumb. Repeat with the mushrooms and mix into the walnuts.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the walnut mixture and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree and both beans and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and stir in the coriander.
- Cut the potatoes in half and top with the chilli mince to serve.
Serving: 569g | Calories: 684kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Fibre: 22g | Sugar: 14g
Back to Recipe Search
0.6g salt per serving