Pear and Walnut crumble
- 50 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 25 g sunflower spread
- 50 g oats
- 25 g California Walnuts chopped + extra to serve
- 25 g raisins
- 2 tbsp plain soya yogurt + extra to serve
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 Conference pears halved and cored
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and ginger in a bowl, add the sunflower spread and rub in with your fingertip to give coarse breadcrumbs. Stir the oats, Walnuts and raisins. Mix in 2 tbsp yogurt and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the pears, cut side down for 3-4 minutes until golden and caramelised, transfer to a medium roasting tin, cut side up so that they fit in snuggly. Press on the Walnut crumble mixture. Add 3 tbsp boiling water to the tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and the pears are tender.
- Serve with extra yogurt and Walnuts sprinkled over.
- Try with dessert apples instead of pears or swap the ginger for cinnamon.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5.9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Fibre: 7.7g | Sugar: 25gBack to Recipe Search