Butternut Squash Lasagne
Servings 4 people
- 140 grams California walnuts
- 200 grams sliced chestnut brown mushrooms
- 2 red onions
- 2 Garlic cloves slice
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- 400 grams Tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 20 grams Dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- 200 ml Red wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Butternut squashes peeled and cut into 1/2cm slices or as thin as possible
- 0.5 pint Plant based milk
- 0.5 pint Vegetable stock
- 30 grams Plain flour
- 70 grams Plant based grated cheese
- Soak the California walnuts overnight in warm water.
- Drain well and place in a food processor with the sliced mushrooms.
- Pulse until you have a fine crumble texture.
- Add the chopped red onion and red pepper to a shallow pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Slice the garlic before adding to the pan.
- Add the walnut mince and pour in the wine, along with chopped tomatoes, puree, herbs and dark chocolate.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Meanwhile pour the milk and stock into a small pan and begin to heat up.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk until dissolved.
- As the sauce begins to heat up it will start to thicken, keep whisking until it forms a white sauce, then add half the grated cheese and season a little with salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from the heat and put to one side while you build the lasagne up.
- Place a quarter of the mince into the bottom of an oven proof dish, then cover with slices of butternut squash.
- Add another portion of mince and repeat the process until you have 3-4 layers of mince and finally butternut squash.
- Cover the top with the white sauce and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a pre heated oven 170c for 40-50 minutes or until golden.
Back to Recipe Search