Indian Walnut Mince Qeema Topped Naan
Servings 4 people
- 150 grams California walnuts
- 250 grams sliced chestnut brown mushrooms
- 2 Red onions chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Red pepper chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder(heaped)
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Heaped ginger finely chopped (1 ½ inch long piece of ginger)
- 150 ml Water
- 4 Naan breads
- 4 tbsp Plant based yogurt
- 1 Handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 Pomegranate
- Soak the California walnuts overnight in warm water.
- Drain well and place in a food processor with the sliced mushrooms.
- Pulse until you have a fine crumble texture.
- Pour the oil into a shallow frying pan and add the chopped red onions and pepper.
- Scatter in the sliced garlic and continue to cook.
- Mix the spices together and add to the frying pan.
- Season with a little salt and stir together.
- Pour the water in and turn up the heat to a simmer.
- Continue to cook until the water reduces by half, then remove from the heat.
- Serve with the naan breads, plant based yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh mint and pomegranate seeds
Back to Recipe Search