Marmite, Walnut and Cheese Pasta
Servings 4 people
- 360 grams Dried spaghetti
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 70 grams California Walnuts plus an additional 30g for adding to the pasta
- 100 grams Sliced chestnut brown mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 40 grams Plant based butter
- 2 tbsp Marmite
- 75 grams Plant based parmesan style cheese
- Soak the California walnuts overnight in warm water.
- Drain well and place in a food processor with the sliced mushrooms.
- Pulse until you have a fine crumble texture.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water for 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a shallow pan add a drizzle of olive oil and the butter.
- Scatter in the walnut and mushroom mince.
- Spoon in the marmite and stir together to melt and combine
- Transfer 2 ladles full of pasta water from the pot where the spaghetti is cooking.
- Add in the cheese to the walnut and marmite mixture before lifting out the pasta with a pair of tongs and into the pan.
- Stir together and season with black pepper and scatter the remaining walnuts before serving.
Back to Recipe Search