Walnuts, Fennel and Garlic Mince Pasta
Servings 4 people
- 70 grams California walnuts
- 100 grams Sliced chestnut brown mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Red chilli
- 0.5 Fennel bulb
- 50 grams Plant based butter
- 360 grams Dried spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- 10 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 20 grams Flat leaf parsley
- 30 grams Plant based Parmesan style cheese
- Soak the California walnuts overnight in warm water.
- Drain well and place in a food processor with the sliced mushrooms.
- Pulse until you have a fine crumble texture.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water for 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a shallow pan, add a splash of olive oil and cook the fennel seeds, garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes.
- Chop the fennel bulb and add to the pan with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Scatter in the California walnuts and mushroom mince to the frying pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and 1 ladlefull of the pasta water to help bring a sauce together.
- Drop the sliced cherry tomatoes into the pan and lift the pasta from the water and add to the mince.
- Stir together before scattering in the parsley and parmesan style cheese.
- Season with black pepper and serve
Back to Recipe Search